On 13.02.2016 23:59, Khaled Monsoor wrote:
> hello everyone in this wonderful community,
>
> probably, we already know about the recent confirmation by LIGO
> <http://www.ligo.org/> about existence of "gravitational waves", a major
> prediction by the "theory of relativity" by Albert Einstein. It is a huge
> milestone to human endeavour to understand nature.
>
> what we may or may not know that Python was the de-facto language of
> software components of the experimentation. It was extensively used in
> day-to-day operations, from orchestrating the instruments[1], gathering
> data, analytics, to generating the finally published pretty graphs[2].
> Usage of Python, IPython notebook & matplotlib was extensive among the
> team-members of LIGO.[3], [4]
>
> i am not a part of LIGO, or any of the member organisations.
> Rather, as a common enthusiast of natural-sciences as well as a open-source
> believer, I would like to take a moment to thank every single contributor
> of Python. Please keep up pushing your commits.
> We facilitated something bigger than us.

Thank you for sharing this information with us. This is really
exciting :-)

I took the liberty to use these great news as part of
our EuroPython 2016 launch announcement yesterday (which I'll
post here as well).

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Experts (#1, Feb 16 2016)
2016-01-19: Released eGenix pyOpenSSL 0.13.13 ... http://egenix.com/go86

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/
                      http://www.malemburg.com/