I'm not sure how many people realize it, but Python (+ ipython/jupyter, pandas,
matplotlib, scikit-learn, etc. etc.) has become one of the two mainstays of
data analysis and visualization in the biological sciences -- along with R.

Everyone should keep up the good work - the science crowd is doing its best
to put it to good use :)

cheers,
--titus