Well, the reason I mention Avid is simple. If Apple start looking at the flood
of reports about the same bug, all pertaining to Pro Tools, they'll do what
they've done already, and try and palm it off on Avid. If they continue to get
the bug returned to them, and the look into it, I'm sure they have actual
programmers who really understand the stuff this tool is telling me, and what
it's saying, is that Pro Tools isn't exactly squeaky clean. A few accessibility
descriptions here and there, and so it gives them more reason to try and pass
the book to Avid.

I have already emailed Apple about it, and as I previously said, got the same
response as Chris, and you Slau, and presumably everyone else who's emailed
them, but I don't think we should hold Apple soully responsible for this
problem, just because your friend, who is remaining nameless, told you it's a
bug on Apple's end. I have no clue about the stuff I'm seeing, but it still
can't hurt, if this information is packageable, to send it to Avid, and point
out that although most likely, the edit values are an Apple bug, Pro Tools does
have some accessibility flaws, which Apple will likely want sorting before
it'll even consider the possibility that it's largest piece of software has a
bug.

Cheers,

Take care,
Chris Norman