Yeah, but I plan on having external storage anyway. I wonder if using the apple time capsule will be an ok option? It's wireless, but it's got a USB port, so I'm thinking I could use that if I wired into it for recording.....that would be sick. Or would a normal external hdd be better.

I'll look at the packages Avid offers. I guess my biggest question is, is the accessibility currently employed by pro tools justifiable by the price I'm paying? Or is this still in experimental stages.