Nope. Hitting something harder basically means sending a louder signal
into it. In PT, a little boost of clip gain is usually the best way to
do that if it's required.

Chris's hotspot tip is golden btw. Need to remember that one myself
next time I'm tracking in PT.

Hth

Scott

On 3/26/15, Christopher-Mark Gilland <clgillan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> When we say hitting a compressor harder, I've never quite understood what
> that exactly means.  Are we saying that we're basically raising the speed of
>
> the attack, therefore making it kick in sooner?
>
> Chris.

>>> recording.  It really doesn't have much dynamic volume changes in the
>>> lead
>>> vocal.  Don't get me wrong, there is! a climax to the song, but pretty
>>> much,
>>> for what it's worth, the song stays fairly close to the same level