Chris,
You didn’t press Option-Shift-w. What you pressed is Control-Shift-w which is
the command to list shown tracks. The window you’re referring to is the dialog
that results when you press any of the list tracks commands with Control and
Shift as modifiers. You can Cancel out of the dialog by pressing the Cancel
button. This was demonstrated in the mp3.
Hope that helps,
Slau