Hi Slau!

Thank you for the files.

My current "problem" is that I realized phase issues when listening back to
guitar recordings.
One track recorded via mic and another via di.

When now phase shifting one of those tracks the low frequencies are represented
much better.

So I'm thinking about if this is the normal physic - the mic signal takes
longer to be recorded than than the di signal.
Or is one of the stages between my guitar and the track in pro tools phase
shifted.

Guitar pre amp out, cable from guitar into the di, the di, the xlr cable into
the patchbay, the patchbay, the xlr cable into the soundcard.
Or maybe a stage on the mic side...
Or both? :-)

For sorting this out I was searching for some tools.

Talking to sighted people they zoom into the desired tracks by 100 % and
compare the waveforms.
So they can see if the shifting is 90 degrees or something else.
Then they move the two tracks exactly that way, that their waveforms are
congruent.

Using the phase shifting tool in e.g. the 7 band eq always shifts by 90 degrees.
Better than nothing but maybe to much.

I hope that you could understand my thoughts.

Best! / Martin