Hi Nickus,

Totally agree!
Firewire will soon be on display at the "smithsonian institute"! ;)
Heres a suggestion for you;
Universal Audio Apollo DUO
U get the uad plugs with it and the parameters  show up fine in PT.
Also it takes the load off your mac book pro for the uad plugs which are
accessible in pt 12.8.
I have a Apollo DUO just for the plugs the Apollo has 2 thunderbolt ports.
I hang a thunderbolt hd on the Apollo at the end of my thunderbolt chain.
another option is to get a thunderbolt hub for your box.

Talk soon
Chuck