From: ptaccess@googlegroups.com [mailto:ptaccess@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
TheOreoMonster
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2017 9:06 PM
To: ptaccess@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: APOGEE Thunderbolt & monitor decoupling

If you do not have an iOS device to control the device accessibly, then perhaps
consider an interface that has some hardware buttons on it so you won’t really
need to use its control software.  For example if you need to enable phantom
power or switch an input from line level to hi-z consider an interface that has
physical buttons for these features. If you don’t have a Condensor mic that
requires phantom power or plan to record an instrument like guitar or Bass
directly and also don’t plan to do any complicated routing of audio you
probably won’t need to ever worry about going into the Apogee software and just
install the drivers and start using it. Usually with most interfaces I have
encountered once the drivers are installed, you can select it as the audio
interface in your DAW and start using it.