Hope this helps:

Title: Troubleshooting for Editing in Pro Tools

Troubleshooting for Editing in Pro Tools

  • Make sure "Link Timeline and Edit Selection" is checked under the Options menu.
  • Make sure "Link Track and Edit Selection" is checked under the Options menu.
  • Go to the edit window and interact with the Track. In the Track View Selector, choose "waveform" for audio tracks or "Clips" for MIDI tracks.
  • Do one of the following:
    • In the Tracks List table, deselect and reselect the track to edit even if Voiceover says it’s selected, or
    • Use Control+p or Control+semicolon to select an adjacent track and move back to the original track you wish to edit.
  • Make sure insertion follows playback is not selected under the Cursor Tool Cluster in the edit window. Pressing Control+n will toggle this setting. If you’re using Flo Tools, double-tap Control+n to toggle.
  • Double check that the content you want to edit is in fact on the track you selected by soloing the track. (Note: If the output of the track is assigned to a bus, either solo the aux track or make it solo-safe.)
  • Make sure VoiceOver quick nav is off, if you’re making a selection with down and up arrows.
  • Make a selection and play the edit selection by pressing option+Left Bracket to make sure it plays from the beginning of the selection and stops at the end of the selection automatically.
Slau