Hi Carsten

> You might want to check and possibly review the following topic branch
> for changes related to initmethod-upstart. Maybe you can save some
> duplicate work. Any feedback is welcome.
>
> http://git.vahanus.net/?p=csc/ptxdist-kp.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/for-up
> stream-next
I just had a look at the generic/etc/init dir. It looks a little older than
mine. Also my approach is a little more simplistic in the way that i cut of
unneeded events. For example the ubuntu upstart script mountall has
virtual-filesystems, local-filesystems, remote-filesystems, all-swaps,
all-filesystems, filesystem while my version has only filesystem. I think
that keeping the events at minimum is gives a more manageble system
in the end. Also i didn't care for any runlevels as i don't think they are
needed. But currently i don't have any shutdown mechanism working  with
upstart besides reboot -f.

> I also need to rework the current initmethod-* implemenation -- all
> these rc.d, /etc/init or whatever files required for your selected
> initmethod should be selected/linked depending on information provided
> by the package targetinstall stage and .in options. Currently
> information is spread over several files.
Well, as far as i had seen you also install the "/etc/init/*.conf" file for a
package if PTXCONF_INITMETHOD_UPSTART is selected. I think thats the right
way to package it.

Best regards
Tim