so it's another fucking petition.  Well I know they
suck and they achieve less than we hope for but hay,
what revolutionary act have you committed today?
Thought so.  Well if we can't be a revolutionary
everyday then let's be a good hearted reformer on our
days off.

E-MAIL PETITION

>       Please take a few moments to read this e-mail.
>
>       Ngawang Sangdrol is a Buddhist nun who
believes that
>       Tibet should be independent from China.
>
>       At the age of 10 she was arrested for the
first time
>       by Chinese authorities. Her only crime was to
>       participate in a peaceful demonstration for
the
>       independency of Tibet from China.
>
>       When she was 13 she took again part in a
peaceful
>       demonstration. She was too young to be brought
>       trial under Chinese law, nevertheless Chinese
>       authorities held her for 9 months.
>
>       In June 1992, at the age of 15, she was once
more
>       arrested byChinese authorities for trying to
stage a
>       peaceful demonstration withfellow nuns.
>
>       Subsequently she was accused for "subversive
and
>       separatistic activities" and sentenced to 3
years
>       imprisonment in the notorious Drapchi prison.
Her
>       sentence was extended for another 6 years in
October
>       1993.
>
>       The reason for this was the fact that she had
sung and
>       recorded independencesongs in the prison
together with
>       13 other nuns. The tape with those songs was
smuggled
>       out of jail and distributed throughout Tibet.
>
>       In 1996 Ngawang Sangdrol's sentence was again
>       prolonged for another 8 years as she shouted
"free
>       Tibet" while standing in the rain in
theprison's yard.

>       The third extension of Ngawang's sentence was
>       announced in October 1998 when she refused to
>       acknowledge the Panchen Lama, whom the Chinese
>       authorities had chosen ( The Panchen Lama is
the
>       second most important political and religious
dignitary
>       of Tibet. He died in 1998 and ever since there
has
>       been disputed between Chinese authorities and
the
>       Dalai Lama about who was the reincarnation of
the
>       Panchan Lama).
>
>       Including this last extension of 4 years her
total
>       sentence amounts to 21 years.
>
>       Together with other prison inmates in the
Drapchi
>       prison NgawangSangdrol suffers under inhuman
treatment
>       including beating and solitary confinement
with
>       reduced food rations. Today she has problems
with her
>       kidneys as a result of torture.
>
>       This inhuman treatment of Ngawang Sangdrol and
>       prisoners throughout China is a clear
violation of
>       Article 5 of the Universal Declaration of
Human Rights
>       which prohibits torture at all times and under
>       any circumstance.
>
>             "Alas this sad song in my mind
>             I send to those who help prisoners
>             These feelings in this dark season
>             [line indistinct]
>             I'll never forget the horrible tortures.
>             May this present misery in prison
>             Never be inflicted on any sentient
being"

>       I ask you to help Ngawang Sangdrol by signing
this
>       petition and sending a copy to all your
friends.

>       The list will be printed out and sent to:
>             Premier of the People's Republic of
China
>         ZHU Rongji Zongli
>             Guowuyuan      9 Xihuangchenggenbeijie
>       Beijingsh1 100032
>             People's Rebuplic of China
>
>       By signing this, we demand that Ngawang
Sangdrol is to
>       be released unconditionally and immediately.
>
>       Furthermore we demand that the Chinese
authorities
>       respect Article 5 of the UDHR by treating
Ngawang
>       Sangdrol and other prisoners in China with
dignity,
>       and by bringing to an end any form of torture
and
>       inhuman treatment.
>
>       We demand the Chinese authorities to disclose
all
>       information about the health of prisoners
throughout
>       China by allowing an independent organization
>       inspect prisons in China.
>             NAME, CITY, COUNTRY
>             1)  Matthias Noester, Vienna, Austria
>             2)  Angelika Gerstacker, Vienna, Austria
>             3)  Miriam Rijfkogel, Pretoria, South
Africa
>             4)  Traude Rijfkogel, Pretoria, South
Africa
>             5)  Martin Schlegl, Vienna, Austria
>             6)  Gudrun Nothegger, Vienna, Austria
>             7)  michaela a. gabriel, vienna, austria
>             8)  wzge Akin, Istanbul, Turkey
>             9)  Panayis Lycourezos, Athens, Greece
>             10) marina coriolano-lykourezos, Athens,
Greece
>             11) Swapna Mehta, London, England
>             12) Anisha Imhasly, Bern, Switzerland
>             13) Natasha Mesko, Hetauda, Nepal
>             14) Polly Lewis, Bristol, England
>            15) Rebecca Walshe, Brighton, England
>            16)Kirsten Bartholomeus, Lokeren, Belgium
>            17) Shilpa Mukerji, Bombay, India.
>            18) Ashaman Gray, Seattle, USA
>           19) Ange Sabine Peter
>           20) Helen Prideaux, AUSTRALIA
>           21) Elinda Lindberg, SWEDEN
>           22)  Anita Ejrup Sweden
>           23) Marek Rozenberg, Sweden
>           24) Alan Florance, Australia
>           25)  Sandy Abbott, Australia
>           26) Dianne Trussell, Australia
>           27) Gail Edgley, NSW, Australia
>           28) Dean Greguric, SA, Australia

>       PLEASE COPY this email on to a new message,
sign the
>       bottom and forward it (It is better to copy
rather
>       than forward the petition) to everyone on your
address
>       lists. If you receive this list with more than
50
>       names on it, please e-mail a copy of it to :
>       [EMAIL PROTECTED] .

=====
love and lines of liberation,
                             Dean