On Fri, 05 Feb 2010 23:42:09 +0100, Boris Zbarsky <bzbar...@mit.edu> wrote:
Specifically search for "inflate" and "deflate" throughout the drafts:

To deflate a DOMString into an byte sequence means to remove from
each code point in the DOMString the higher-order byte and let the
resulting byte (all the lower-order bytes) be the byte sequence.

How about:

   To deflate a DOMString into a byte sequence means to create a
   sequence of bytes such the n-th byte of the sequence is equal to
   the low-order byte of the n-th code point in the original DOMString.

To inflate an byte sequence into a DOMString means to create a code
point for each byte of which the higher-order byte is 0x00 and the
lower-order byte is the byte. The resulting code point sequence is
the DOMString.

   To inflate a byte sequence into a DOMString means to create a
   DOMString such that the n-th codepoint has 0x00 as the high-order
   byte and the n-th byte of the byte sequence as the low-order byte.

Other than that looks ok, though I still worry about changing behavior here...

Thanks, fixed. Hopefully it all works out, and if not we will have to change the specification again.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/