I like the look of a colon, however it would quite probably conflict with XML/XHTML so it's probably best to avoid it (although I am not an expert).

A hyphen or maybe even a tilde (~) would likely be the better option.

<ms-panel> <polymer-element> <a href="xxx" x-controller="xxx">

<ms~panel> <polymer~element> <a href="xxx" x~controller="xxx">

G.