From: Léonie Watson [mailto:t...@tink.uk]
Sent: 21 June 2016 11:18

Yes, CR requires at least two implementations in shipping browsers. Once
Pointer Lock is at Recc, hopefully the Shadow DOM content will be stable enough
to include in Pointer Lock next.

Correction: A CR doesn’t require 2+ implementations, but we do have to
demonstrate that the spec has received wide review. The implementations are
needed to exit CR as we move to PR though. Sorry, my fault for not paying
attention!

We plan to move Pointer Lock to CR, then to Recc within a few weeks. It seems
like the most painless way to do things.

The alternative was to include the Shadow DOM features but mark them as “at
risk” during the CR. Given that Shadow DOM is still not stable, it’s likely
we’d have to take those features out again for PR – which seems like extra work
for the editor.

Instead we encourage the editors to publish a WD of Pointer Lock 2 as soon as
there is concensus on the Shadow DOM content.

HTH

Léonie.