> On Apr 11, 2017, at 1:46 PM, Jeremy Rowley via Public <[email protected]> 
> wrote:
> 
> This provisions of Ballot Section 1 will apply only to the validation of 
> domain names occurring after this Ballot 190’s effective date.  Validation of 
> domain names that occurs before this Ballot’s effective date and the 
> resulting validation data may continue to be used for the periods specified 
> in BR 4.2.1 and EVGL 11.14.3 so long as the validations were conducted in 
> compliance with the BR Section 3.2.2.4 validation methods in effect at the 
> time of each validation.
> 
> 
I have to say, I find this confusing too.  ‘validation data’ to me sounds like 
not the same thing as ‘validation’—I would think ‘validation data’ is the raw 
results of the validation (“The user clicked on a link with a code of XXXX 
which was the same code we sent the user”) and not the conclusion (“so the user 
controls the domain”).

In any case what I think we would like is that, as of the effective date, you 
can still use validation data from before but only to the extent that it 
complies with the new requirements?

Attachment: smime.p7s
Description: S/MIME cryptographic signature

_______________________________________________
Public mailing list
[email protected]
https://cabforum.org/mailman/listinfo/public

Reply via email to