Ryan,

Would CAs be able to add additional subsections to their CP and CPS under your
proposal?  If so, GlobalSign is OK with the proposed ballot and timeline.

Doug

From: Public [mailto:public-boun...@cabforum.org] On Behalf Of Ryan Sleevi via
Public
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2017 10:12 PM
To: Peter Bowen <p...@amzn.com>
Cc: Ryan Sleevi <sle...@google.com>; CA/Browser Forum Public Discussion List
<public@cabforum.org>
Subject: Re: [cabfpub] RFC 3647 Compliance

On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 9:35 PM, Peter Bowen

On Apr 25, 2017, at 5:00 PM, Ryan Sleevi via Public
<public@cabforum.org<mailto:public@cabforum.org>> wrote:

Like we talked about at the recent F2F in Raleigh, I'd love to see a world
where we can slowly move to consistent CP/CPSes. This is especially important
for efforts like the CCADB with Microsoft's help, or the BR self-assessments
that Mozilla's requesting.

You can see the initial proposed edits at
https://github.com/sleevi/cabforum-docs/pull/3/files , along with explanations
for the motivations for these.

Am I correct that you are using “MUST be structured in accordance with RFC
3647” as short hand for “MUST include all the section headings specified in the
outline in RFC 3647 section 6”?  Should it say that sections without
subordinate headings and without content need to specify “No stipulation” or is
that too specific?

That's a great point. Certainly, the intent is that all the section headings
are present, in the same order and with the prescribed content/topic of
discussion.

I'd love to hear from others, but I actually think "No stipulation" is a useful
and valuable addition.