As Jeremy points out, it's a question of style choice. I am in favor of
adopting the Google docstring style. It's grouping style is clear and the
sections [0] look good too. I prefer that more than the one-line RST syntax
that Jeremy gave an example of which would also be an improvement over what we
do today.

Also if we enable Napoleon on the doc builders, it should support both Google
docstring and the original RST style, so I don't think anything will break.
This will let us migrate over time. I commented some on the ticket.

[0]: http://www.sphinx-doc.org/en/stable/ext/napoleon.html#sections
[1]: https://pulp.plan.io/issues/2347

-Brian