On 05 August 2017 at 10h24, Colin Leroy wrote:

Hi,

> > I think I've figured out how to cleanly synchronise audio and video
> > with RAOP with relying on my empirical "shifting audio 2300ms in
> > mplayer works".
>
> Hmmm, weirdly enough, that patch breaks VLC as I've just discovered,

After investigating VLC's problem, it seems to be due to the fact they
sync audio to video and not the other way around like most apps do.
It's probably not an easy fix for me to do in VLC.

What do you think we should do with that raop latency patch ? Should we
consider it a problem that it breaks some apps, or that it's the app's
problem that they can't handle a big latency ?

--
Colin