--

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2018 00:26:38
From: kendell clark <coffeekin...@gmail.com>
To: "orca-l...@gnome.org" <orca-l...@gnome.org>
Subject: [orca-list] update on the antergos problems

Hi all
I?ve managed to find out more about the problems I?ve been having with
antergos. It isn?t a speech dispatcher or an orca bug, which I was pretty sure
of. It seems to be some kind of problem with pulse audio. Beyond that I have no
idea what exactly is going on, but I can reliably get orca to speak by doing
the following.
Clearing out the pulse audio user configuration by executing
Rm -rf ~/.config/pulse
And then killing pulseaudio. If that doesn?t work, and it doesn?t always, I
then execute
Sudo rm -rf /etc/pulse
Followed by reinstalling pulse audio to restore the configuration. I can?t
figure out why this works when there doesn?t seem to be anything wrong with
pulse audio or it?s settings, but this fixes orca. For a little while, and then
it messes up again in a few reboots. This is  confusing, since all other apps
that use pulse  audio, like media players and the like continue to work, it?s
only orca and speech dispatcher that are affected. Would the debian guys who
maintain speech dispatcher mind taking a look at speech dispatcher?s pulse
audio code and refactoring it? This is probably the source of the problem.
Thanks
Kendell Clark

open source is much more than just a license. It is a way of life, and as such,
should be celebrated and defended the same as you would defend your rights.
GNOME Universal Access guide: