On 6/4/2010 3:45 AM, Daniel Pittman wrote:
Well, my use case pretty much always comes down to "do something for this data
about this host", and hasn't ever gotten more than two levels deep:

   backuppc::server needs a per-client configuration
     per-client configuration needs this clients mount-points and excludes

   the load-balancer needs the hostname and ip of every app-server

Just as another "data point", I cover those things also with export/collect, but do not need an ERB template, by actually creating the needed file fragments (usable for volcane's concat) on the source hosts. Collection can then use the <<||>> query language to select what's needed, in my cases always by tag.

That approach has great flexibility, without the pain of accessing the DB myself.

Best Regards, David
--
dasz.at OG              Tel: +43 (0)664 2602670     Web: http://dasz.at
Klosterneuburg                                         UID: ATU64260999

       FB-Nr.: FN 309285 g          FB-Gericht: LG Korneuburg