On Jun 10, 2010, at 3:36 AM, R.I.Pienaar wrote:

----- "David Schmitt" <da...@dasz.at> wrote:

(OTOH, I also think that the whole "storeconfigs" thing is probably
a proxy
 for an mcollective "live query" type operation across the
infrastructure, so
 my ideas may be completely crazy :)

There is an overlap between the two, but both provide things the other
one can't. Live queries can (probably?) answer questions about
unmanaged resources, which are not stored in the database. Exported resources on
the other hand do provide an added value that cannot be directly
achieved with live queries.

Live queries are about what's there now.
Exported resources are about what should be there.

They're very different beasts, monitoring for example should not be based on discovery of resources, exported resources work better there

Exactly.

--
It's not to control, but to protect the citizens of Singapore. In our
society, you can state your views, but they have to be correct.