On 12/04/2014 02:24 PM, Kylo Ginsberg wrote:
> ** non-breaking changes go to 3.7.x (and are merged up -> stable -> master)

I suspect random bug fixes will be largely submitted as PRs against the
'stable' ref.  That might mean a situation of having to back merge to
3.7.x and forward merge to master.  I don't see that as a major issue
but it might be a little easier on the folks wrangling PRs if 'stable'
was pointed at the 3.7.x series.  With the logic being that forward
porting will be easier than back porting.  Another idea would be to
remove the stable ref completely and use branch names of 3.7.x and 4.0.x.

-Josh