Hiya,

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 10:56, Christopher Wood
<christopher_w...@pobox.com> wrote:
> I admit I've never read puppetmaster logs like that so what I'm about to say
> may be very bad advice.
Any advice is welcome :)

> Since resources removed from your manifests become unmanaged rather than
> deleted, why not swap the node's current manifest for one which only
> re-enables ssh root login? Once you have access you can return to the desired
> manifest, and use your existing socket to see what gives.
We already have only an exec there (nothing else) that is supposed to
copy the sshd config file to an nfs share, which we are 100% certain
is mounted. The gist is the output from that.

> This might also be time to consider remote syslog, that way you can see what
> the node itself is doing.
Yes, as soon as we have access back, that is on the todo :)

--
Walter Heck

--
follow @walterheck on twitter to see what I'm up to!