So, we got access back. It turned out to be a malformed fact causing
the problem. The particular fact was using a ruby exec to get lvm
freespace, using chomp on the result without checking wether there was
a result. Since the x7 server didn't have lvm installed to begin with,
that led to problems.

So, just to make sure I understand this correctly: in this case just
removing all the puppet code didn't help, since the mere existence of
the module with the custom fact in our module path made the fact
execute on the agent, right?

cheers,

Walter

Walter Heck