Hi Sharuzzaman,

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 10:59, Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan
<sharuzza...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In my test environment, I managed to make puppet agent stop working when I
> update facter package, without restarting puppet.
>
> Somehow, when facter updated, puppet is not able to continue working, maybe
> because the expected version of facter is different or something.
>
> It was resolved when I restarted puppet agent.
We run puppet off of a cron job, so no restarting is involved.

> On troubleshooting, did you enable reporting in puppet agent config? If you
> do, you might want to see the output of the report in
> /var/lib/puppet/reports/<hostname>
>
> I noticed my previous issue when I go through the report in that folder.
I checked and it seems the last report in there is from July 18th. It
contains a bunch of errors from when it had the full puppet manifests
enabled, but that should be irrelevant now as we only have a single
exec in there. Any idea as to why it's not creating new reports?

cheers,

--
Walter Heck

--