On Jun 14, 2012, at 6:29 AM, Felix Frank wrote:
> So the "right" approach here is to ignore the mode in puppet, and adjust
> your provisioning process to take care of it.

This type of functionality is not only possible, it is documented as intended
for this purpose in the replace parameter. You are again falling down the
rabbit hole of "I don't do it that way, so you shouldn't either."

The change I am requesting would be a trivial change, and would allow that kind
of functionality. It wouldn't break you, so I don't see why you are objecting
so hard.

--
Jo Rhett