On 14.06.2012 16:09, Felix Frank wrote:
I concur that the current feature set is a dangerous trap, but I find
the very idea of the replace parameter more questionable than its
semantical details.

But that's just me. I won't argue this point much further, I'm much more
curious about what the community thinks on the matter.

When something changes the service has to be notified.

When the service should not be restarted, puppet should not be running or the Service%restart parameter should be set to /bin/true.

Best Regards, David