Hello John,

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 11:53 PM, jcbollinger <john.bollin...@stjude.org> wrote:
> Yes.  When one class declares another, whether via the 'include' or
> 'require' function or via a parametrized-style declaration, that
> (intentionally) does not establish any ordering relationship between the
> declaring and declared classes.  Without something else, such as anchors, to
> establish an order between them, the two classes are disconnected in the
> relationship graph; that has come to be described as the declared class
> "floating off", especially when the declaring class is connected to multiple
> others in the relationship graph.
>
> Such disconnectedness is not necessarily a problem, because it may indeed be
> that no relative ordering of the classes involved is necessary or expected.
> If, however, the purpose of the one class declaring the other is to
> aggregate the latter into a larger unit, then it is a indeed an issue that
> needs to be addressed.  That's where you need to use the anchor pattern.

Thanks for the explanation, much appreciated. I suppose containing
resources is a fundamentally solved problem by virtue of the design
and goal, but containing classes seems to be a little different.
Nevertheless, I always do try to not having to enforce any order, but
at times, I suppose it becomes necessary. Thanks again for taking the
time to explain the behaviour.