I have two identical nodes - serv106 and serv107 - one of which is working
just fine but the other one failing with these error message:

err: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 on SERVER:
> undefined method `include?' for nil:NilClass on node
> warning: Not using cache on failed catalog
> err: Could not retrieve catalog; skipping run

running puppet master in the foreground, I see these on the screen:

err: undefined method `include?' for nil:NilClass on node
> err: undefined method `include?' for nil:NilClass on node
> debug: Received report to process from serv106.syst.local
> debug: Processing report from serv106.syst.local with processor
> Puppet::Reports::Store
> debug: Processing report from serv106.syst.local with processor
> Puppet::Reports::Http
> err: Report processor failed: Connection refused - connect(2)
> debug: Processing report from serv106.syst.local with processor
> Puppet::Reports::Log
> err: //serv106.syst.local/Puppet: Could not retrieve catalog from remote
> server: Error 400 on SERVER: undefined method `include?' for nil:NilClass
> on node
> warning: //serv106.syst.local/Puppet: Not using cache on failed catalog
> err: //serv106.syst.local/Puppet: Could not retrieve catalog; skipping run

a bit if google-search suggested that  removing certificates from both
master and the agent (and recreating afterwards) is the solution to this
issue. Which did but no joy so far. Has any one ever seen this error before
or know what's I'm doing wrong here. Any help/pointer would be greatly
appreciated.

Best!