On 10/01/2014 03:35 PM, Jeffrey Watts wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 8:13 AM, jcbollinger <john.bollin...@stjude.org
> <mailto:john.bollin...@stjude.org>> wrote:
> As for a link, the C++ Frequently Questioned Answers
> <http://yosefk.com/c++fqa/> helped me crystallize some of my
> previously less-focused distaste for C++.
>
> There's a reason there are dozens (hundreds?) of general purpose
> programming languages - people can't agree on which is the best tool
> for a job.  Using C++ as the underlying language won't be the end of
> the world.  :)

No, it won't, and let's not go to war about it.

Still, as long as the dev team is in the process of choosing the way
forward, let the record show that there is two community voices (thanks
for that link John, that was exactly what I had skimmed back in the day)
that recommend considering alternatives.

Cheers,
Felix