19.09.2016 01:29, Alexandre DERUMIER wrote:
Hi,

I have add some strange behaviour of some host last week, (cpu performance
degrading)

and I have found than 3 hosts of my 15 host cluster have wrong cpu frequency.

All nodes are dell r630, with xeon v3 3,1ghz. (all with last bios/microcode
updates , last proxmox kernel)

On the 3 hosts, the frequency was stuck to 800mhz instead 3,1ghz. (note that on other
host, the frequency was not stable, up and down between 3,09 && 3,2ghz....)

Cpu governor is correctly set to max performance in bios + linux.

It seem to be a problem with intel pstate driver.

I have disabled it with intel_pstate=disable  in grub,  (also can be disable
with CONFIG_X86_INTEL_PSTATE=n)
and not frequency is super stable at 3,1ghz

Has somebody already seen this on xeon v3 ?
Can confirm that on SandyBridge:
model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2665 0 @ 2.40GHz
root@msv-spb-pve01:/usr/share/perl5/PVE/Storage# cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_cur_freq
1199906

And it's being changed based on cpu load, like actual governor is ondemand.