Hi Szabolcs,

On 10/25/2016 10:01 AM, Szabolcs F. wrote:
> Hi Alwin,
>
> thanks for your hints.
>
>> On which interface is proxmox running on? Are these interfaces clogged
> because, there is some heavy network IO going on?
> I've got my two Intel Gbps network interfaces bonded together (bond0) as
> active-backup and vmbr0 is bridged on this bond, then Proxmox is running on
> this interface. I.e. http://pastebin.com/WZKQ02Qu
> All nodes are configured like this. There is no heavy IO on these
> interfaces, because the storage network uses the separate 10Gbps fiber
> Intel NICs (bond1).

Is your bond working properly? Is the bond on the same switch or two different?

Usually I add the "bond_primary ethX" option to set the interface that should
be primarily used in active-backup
configuration - side note. :-)

What are the logs on the server showing? You know, syslog, dmesg, pveproxy,
etc. ;-)

>> Another guess, are all servers synchronizing with a NTP server and have
> the correct time?
> Yes, NTP is working properly, the firewall lets all NTP request go through.
>

> On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 5:19 PM, Alwin Antreich <sysadmin-...@cognitec.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello Szabolcs,
>>
>> On 10/24/2016 03:16 PM, Szabolcs F. wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I've got a Proxmox VE 4.3 cluster of 12 nodes. All of them are Dell C6220
>>> sleds. Each has 2x Intel Xeon E5-2670 CPU and 64GB RAM. I've got two
>>> separate networks: 1Gbps LAN (Cisco 4948 switch) and 10Gbps storage
>> (Cisco
>>> N3K-3064PQ fiber switch). The Dell nodes use the integrated Intel Gbit
>>> adapters for LAN and Intel PCI-E 10Gbps cards for the fiber network
>> (ixgbe
>>> driver). The storage servers are separate, they run FreeNAS and export
>> the
>>> shares with NFS. My virtual machines (I've made about 40 of them so far)
>>> are KVM/QCOW2 and they are stored on the FreeNAS storage. So far so good.
>>> I've been using this environment as a test and was almost ready to push
>>> into production.
>> On which interface is proxmox running on? Are these interfaces clogged
>> because, there is some heavy network IO going on?
>>>
>>> But I have a problem with the cluster. From time to time the pveproxy
>>> service dies on the nodes or the web UI lists all nodes (except the one
>> I'm
>>> actually logged into) as unreachable (red cross). Sometimes all nodes are
>>> listed as working (green status) but if I try to connect to a virtual
>>> machine I get a 'connection refused' error. When the cluster acts up I
>>> can't do any VM migration and any other VM management (i.e. console,
>>> start/stop/reset, new VM, etc). When it happens the only way to recover
>> is
>>> powering down all 12 nodes and starting them one after another. Then
>>> everything works properly for a random amount of time: sometimes for
>> weeks,
>>> sometimes for only a few days.
>> Another guess, are all servers synchronizing with a NTP server and have
>> the correct time?
>>>
>>> I followed the network troubleshooting guide with omping, multicast, etc
>>> and confirmed I've got multicase enabled and the troubleshooting didn't
>>> return any error. The /etc/hosts file is configured on all nodes with the
>>> proper hostname/IP list of all nodes.
>>> When trying to do 'service pve-cluster restart' I get these errors:
>>> http://pastebin.com/NXnEf4rd (running pmxcsf manually mounts the
>> /etc/pve
>>> properly, but doesn't fix the cluster/proxy issue)
>>> pvecm status : http://pastebin.com/jsDFkqu3 (I powered down one node,
>>> that's why it's missing)
>>> pvecm nodes : http://pastebin.com/1WR8Yij8
>>> Corosync has a lot of these in the /var/logs/daemon.log :
> [...]
>>> Szabolcs
>>>

>> --
>> Cheers,
>> Alwin