Hi Szabolcs,

On 10/25/2016 12:24 PM, Szabolcs F. wrote:
> Hi Alwin,
>
> bond0 is on two Cisco 4948 switches and bond1 is on two Cisco N3K-3064PQ
> switches. They worked fine for about two months in this setup. But last
> week (after I started to have these issues) I powered down one Cisco 4948
> and one N3K-3064PQ switch (in both cases the designated backup switches
> were powered down). This is to make sure all servers use the same switch as
> their active link. After that I stopped the Proxmox cluster (all nodes) and
> started them again, but the issue occurred again.

Ok, so one thing less to check. How are your remaining switch configured,
especially, where the pve cluster is on? Do
they use jumbo frames? Or some network/port security?

> I've just added the 'bond_primary ethX' option to the interfaces file. I'll
> reboot everything once again and see if it helps.

That's only going to be used, when you have all links connected and want to
prefer a link to be the primary, eg. 10GbE
as primary and 1GbE as backup.

> syslog: http://pastebin.com/MsuCcNx8
> dmesg: http://pastebin.com/xUPMKDJR
> pveproxy (I can only see access.log for pveproxy, so this is the service
> status): http://pastebin.com/gPPb4F3x

I couldn't find anything unusual, but that doesn't mean there isn't.

> What other logs should I be reading?
>
> Thanks
>
> On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 11:23 AM, Alwin Antreich <sysadmin-...@cognitec.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Szabolcs,
>>
>> On 10/25/2016 10:01 AM, Szabolcs F. wrote:
>>> Hi Alwin,
>>>
>>> thanks for your hints.

>>> because, there is some heavy network IO going on?
>>> I've got my two Intel Gbps network interfaces bonded together (bond0) as
>>> active-backup and vmbr0 is bridged on this bond, then Proxmox is running
>> on
>>> this interface. I.e. http://pastebin.com/WZKQ02Qu
>>> All nodes are configured like this. There is no heavy IO on these
>>> interfaces, because the storage network uses the separate 10Gbps fiber
>>> Intel NICs (bond1).
>>
>> Is your bond working properly? Is the bond on the same switch or two
>> different?
>>
>> Usually I add the "bond_primary ethX" option to set the interface that
>> should be primarily used in active-backup
>> configuration - side note. :-)
>>
>> What are the logs on the server showing? You know, syslog, dmesg,
>> pveproxy, etc. ;-)

>>> the correct time?
>>> Yes, NTP is working properly, the firewall lets all NTP request go
>> through.
>>>

>>> On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 5:19 PM, Alwin Antreich <
>> sysadmin-...@cognitec.com>

>> C6220
>> far)
>> good.

>> are

>> etc
>> the

>> --
>> Cheers,
>> Alwin

When that happens, is the network working correctly between hosts?

--
Cheers,
Alwin