On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 1:19 PM, Owen Walker <owenwalke...@gmail.com> wrote:

> When I run pyinstaller --onefile --add-data.wavFiles;wavFiles myscript.py
> (or the same with --onedir) I get this message: "--add-data: invalid
> add-data_or_binary_value:'wavFiles:wavFiles."  This leaves me mystified.

I'm going to use some redundant spaces and explicit monospaced font for
clarity. You say you run

 pyinstaller --onefile  --add-data.wavFiles;wavFiles   myscript.py

I don't think that's right, that period looks wrong to me. Also I hope you
are on Windows, otherwise the separator is a colon. So try this:

 pyinstaller --onedir  --add-data  wavFiles;wavFiles   myscript.py

Unless you are NOT on Windows, then

 pyinstaller --onedir  --add-data   wavFiles:wavFiles   myscript.py

And if PyInstaller completes, as I said, go into the dist/myscript folder
and see what got bundled.

I read   http://pyinstaller.readthedocs.io/en/stable/runtime-
> information.html
> but couldn't find anything helpful that I could understand.

I didn't understand where your operation was failing. I assumed the script
was executing but not finding the wavFiles.