On 6/25/06, Jay R. Ashworth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Sun, Jun 25, 2006 at 01:36:00PM -0400, William Ferrell wrote:
>    I've relocated to Florida (Palm Bay), and am trying to set
>    up shop here as a KJ.

Well, no shit.  Welcome to sunny (where, by sunny, right now I mean
'rainy') Florida.

Indeed. It's quite a bit nicer than Colorado's weather though.

>    but software projects are paying the bills right now. I've got

Was that what brought you here?

No, not really. A woman did. You'd think I'd have learned from the first time I moved from one state to another to live with somebody -- maybe I'll learn from this one.

>    There's a lot left to automate, as for now I run things by
>    hand as far as firing off new CDG songs, videos, etc.

Yep.

And it's that "by hand" stuff I want to package up and automate.

Same here. I've got a Python module built that can automatically handle song rotations (i.e. you hand it names, songs, etc., and it timestamps each submission (and new singer), counts total performances by each singer per night, and performs weighted, balanced rotation management to keep the "average wait time per singer" down. Ironically I'm not using that right now at all since I put the new display software together.

I'm curious about the new hardware you're talking about (with touch-screens not requiring a pen, etc.); we'd previously talked about older/cheaper hardware but I'd like to see these new targets.

>      And where's your blog again?
>
>    [2]http://willfe.com/ I haven't written much in it lately, mostly
>    because the biggest reason I moved here in the first place turned
>    out to be one hell of a lie (it involved a woman, go figure) and
>    there just hasn't been much motivation to actually write.

Wow.  That blew up?  Damn; sorry, guy.

Well, the experience has taught me (the hard way) that she'd not have been a good mate anyway. I could probably have handled just about any of her "quirks" and the many poor choices she's made, regarding me, herself, and others in her life, but the continuing lying (yes, present tense) that she insists on pulling has proven itself to just be part of her nature, and that is something I can't deal with.

She acts apologetic and offers an olive branch (classic "let's just be friends") when she sees what this has done to me, but to this day she maintains an "image" of the world that she'd like me to see, and I know much of it to be false. For all her intellect, she honestly doesn't seem to understand that she lives in a world where other people she's mucked with aren't afraid to talk to me about things she's done or said.

--
Looking for something to read? Visit http://willfe.com/ ... it's easy, safe, and fun for the whole family!