Vegard Svanberg wrote:
> * Christoph Haas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-08-16 11:26]:
>

>> Oh, well, the whole project seems to be a increasingly moving target.
>> First pylons.database is deprecated and replaced by SAContext. Then
>> SAContext is deprected. Takes some getting used to.
>>

> Without intending to rant, I'm also a little concerned about the
> constant change of more or less fundamental parts. It seems this would
> mean that an application would have to be rewritten every so often and
> this could be quite tedious with a large and complex application, not to
> mention that everything would have to be tested and re-tested all over
> again.
>
> It seems to me the world is moving too fast :-)

I've buffered myself from the world with a simple python module in all
my projects called database.py

All the SQLalchemy stuff is proxied behind this, so my code rarely
changes because I only use database.py, eg. with database.get_session()
to get a SA Session. I don't actually deal with sessions in my code at
all. It's usually just database.select() or database.fetchall() etc etc.
All my connections, sessions, tranctions etc. are handled in database.py

I've found this to be indispensable, as I have ported my code from 0.2.8
all the way to 0.4 with very minor issues. I started using objectstore
then movedd to sessioncontext and now to the new Session object ( I
skipped SAContext; lucky me) with only minor changes to database.py

I have to say though that the new Session stuff really has cleaned up my
database.py file heaps. There is a very nice consistency now in my
module especially with transactions. 0.4 looks so far like a great release.

Thanks SA team.

Huy