I'm planning on moving my users' profile pages to:

example.com/:username

but there has been some discussion amongst fellow developers that this
might cause problems. I would have this route and subsequent routes as
the last ones defined in my array of routes defenitions so any static
routes would be matched first.

Has anyone experienced trouble with this approach? Would it be bad
practice? should I stick to example.com/user/:username like most sites
do?

Thanks :)