It's always a bad idea to mix different types of urls without having
clearly defined separate prefixes for each.
Basically it's like having a global namespace, and even worse is that
you don't get ambiguity errors in case
of overlaps, you get one url superseding  the other (this also applies
to static files hijacking a request with
the same url, which I guess both rails and pylons do by default, and
then for each request you actually have to check
if a file with that name exists and only if not then dispatch the
rails/pylons action ==> that is really bad programming,
performance wise and logic wise).

it's like having the home directories not be under /home !!!!  so if
you get a user named "etc" you r screw3d !!!