On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 9:05 AM, Mike Orr <sluggos...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Matt Feifarek wrote:
>>> Hi Ben (and Pylons list).
>>>
>>> I've been thinking of buying "The Definitive Guide to Pylons" from
>>> Apress, but am realizing that I'd rather read it on-screen
>>> (syntax-highlighting, search, cut-n-paste, etc.) BUT, I know that
>>> writing books is one of the ways that contributors to Free Software
>>> can make a tiny bit of money indirectly from their work.
>>>
>>> In other words: I'd like to demonstrate my thanks and support,
>
> On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 10:12 AM, Patrick <optoma...@rogers.com> wrote:
>>
>> I am a bit short of cash at the moment but I too would like to donate at
>> some point. It's amazing how much has gotten done without support. I
>> don't work for free and I don't expect others to do so. Pylons is
>> helping me generate income(or will shortly)
>
> Noah has been musing about setting up a nonprofit or leveraging a
> nonprofit (like the PSF) for the purpose of collecting donations to
> support Pylons/WSGI-related development and marketing.

I think I have been musing that I would like to donate money to a
nonprofit that someone else runs :)  I do agree though, that people
are interested in donating money to Pylons, the Pylons book,
SQLAlchemy, and some future unified web framework core.  I think it
needs to be setup from the people who are stake holders though, and
not from the user community.

  However,