On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 1:20 PM, Noah Gift <noah.g...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 9:05 AM, Mike Orr <sluggos...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Noah has been musing about setting up a nonprofit or leveraging a
>> nonprofit (like the PSF) for the purpose of collecting donations to
>> support Pylons/WSGI-related development and marketing.
>
> I think I have been musing that I would like to donate money to a
> nonprofit that someone else runs :)  I do agree though, that people
> are interested in donating money to Pylons, the Pylons book,
> SQLAlchemy, and some future unified web framework core.  I think it
> needs to be setup from the people who are stake holders though, and
> not from the user community.

Sorry for the ambiguous wording; that is what I meant. :)

This would be a good topic for the developers to discuss with the PSF
at PyCon, how to handle Python projects that would like to accept
donations.  Apparently Django tried to set up something under the PSF
but were unable to come to an agreement with them, which is why Django
created its own foundation.

--
Mike Orr <sluggos...@gmail.com>