Hi labelers,

I almost don't dare say this here, but for depth cued labels the best program/interface that I would know of is Lothar Esser's GL_RENDER. As far as I understand it is a graphical front end to bobscript/molscript that allows you to attach labels to atoms by clicking on them. The position of these labels can then be fine-tuned with the arrow keys. When you're happy you write things out as POVRAY input, giving you a lot of flexibility, too much to mention here. Stereo-images are done by rendering the image 2 times with +/- 3 degree y-rotations. The neat thing about these labels is that you can use most font-files that you'd find on any old (windows) computer, if you ever wanted to use Garamond....

Warren, can't you put a feature like this into Pymol? For the time being, this is about the only reason for me not using Pymol for publication stuff.....

Cheers,

Wulf

jwal...@csb.wfu.edu wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to add labels to my figures to get them ready for publication. I have figures in both stereo and mono, and I'm trying to figure out how to move/orient labels so that they are easy to view. Are there ways to move labels in a figure?

--
Dr. Wulf Blankenfeldt
        Max-Planck-Institute of Molecular Physiology

phone:  +49 -231 -133 -2364
FAX:    +49 -231 -133 -2399
e-mail: wulf.blankenfe...@mpi-dortmund.mpg.de_nospam_please