From: pymol-users-boun...@lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:pymol-users-boun...@lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Paul Shannon
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2008 6:31 PM
To: pymol-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Cc: Paul Shannon
Subject: [PyMOL] independent positioning of two proteins,in preparation for
RosettaDock?

Hi all,

I am brand new to PyMol.  I have a model of a kinase, and another of a
heptapeptide containing an experimentally derived phosphosite.

The RosettaDock documentation suggests:

    PyMol can be a useful tool to position proteins relative to each other. Use
"editing" mode
    from the right panel, and try right-clicking to select a chain and "drag"
to enable
    translation and rotation of the molecule (typically requiring left- shift +
middle and
    left buttons). Finally from the main menu, File→Export Molecule can be used
to write a
    PDB file containing the starting structure with both docking partners.

Try as I may, I cannot figure out how to do this.  Whatever rotations &
translations I apply to one molecule also affects the other.

I will be grateful for any advice this group can give.

Cheers,

  - Paul