Hi all,

this question may be resolvable by sufficient RTFMing, but maybe there is someone out there to help me...

I am trying to generate a figure in which I want to show only a part of the protein surface around a ligand - pretty much like

preset --> ligand sites --> solid surface

I have already tried some amateur solutions like splitting the ligand into parts, placing waters to generate pseudo-ligand atoms and the like. Somewhat unsatisfying. I have also realized that I can click on every atom of the protein and do a show surface, but this will drive me insane sooner than later.

I guess it must be doable through some magic selection commands - if I could only see how the preset command works, I could probably work it out from there.

Can somebody please point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance,

Wulf