On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 3:57 AM, Luke Goodsell <luke.goods...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I'm trying to set up my machine to be able to run python scripts using
> the PyMol API, but whenever I try to import the pymol module, I get the
> following output:
> . . .
>  I am running Mac OS X 10.5.6. I downloaded MacPyMol 1.1r1 from
> http://delsci.com/macpymol/ (the educational edition, as I am a student).
> My PYMOL_PATH: /Applications/PyMOLX11Hybrid.app/pymol
> My PYMOL_EXE: /Applications/PyMOLX11Hybrid.app/Contents/MacOS/MacPyMOL
> . . .
>  I copied the contents of /Applications/PyMOLX11Hybrid.app/pymol/modules
> to /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/pymol,
> as per my understanding of the top of __init__.py

It's not entirely clear to me what you're trying to do, but I'm pretty
certain it's guaranteed not to work.  You can't just take compiled objects
from inside app bundles and move them around - especially on Mac.  You
definitely shouldn't be installing PyMOL modules that way.  If you need them
available for importing by /usr/bin/python, download the open-source version
from SourceForge and install it using python distutils (i.e. "python
setup.py build" and so on).  I just tried this and it seems to work fine -
only takes about 10 minutes.

-Nat