> Re: [PyMOL] Error: unknown type
> From: Justin Lecher <j.lec...@fz...> - 2009-05-12 17:34
>
> Attachments: signature.asc
>> I've updated it on the Wiki.
>>

> So anyone likes to try git and update the repo?
>

> --
> Justin Lecher
> Institute for Neuroscience and Biophysics
> INB 2 - Molecular Biophysics II
> Research centre Juelich GmbH,
> 52425 Juelich,Germany
> phone: +49 2461 61 5385

This actually highlights a weakness with trying to use git with the
PyMOLWiki script library: updates.

Until a script is written to automatically update git from the
PyMOLWiki, I don't think git will help us too much--and in fact may
cause confusion.  The wiki already stores meta-information (comments,
tags, see also's, etc) along with the code and it does have, albeit
rather non-specific, versioning built in.

So, summarizing: I think it's a great idea, but it will require effort
on someone's part before this'll become widely used for the wiki.

Thanks,

-- Jason

--
Jason Vertrees, PhD