From: Andreas Spitzmüller [andreas.spitzmuel...@staff.uni-marburg.de]
Sent: Sunday, June 05, 2011 11:09 AM
To: pymol-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [PyMOL] problems cloring sticks

Hi Ariel,
I'm facing the same problem on my Ubuntu laptop with an onboard Intel
graphics chip. And as far as I know it is a problem of the linux graphics
driver.

>> From my side this is a huge problem for making figures.

However, I found that ray tracing is not affected by this bug. I know that
this is for sure not convenient, but still it is possible to make figures
for publication or presentation slides. Just try the 'ray' command to see
if this yields correct coloring for you, too.

Regards,
Andreas

Am 05.06.2011, 08:29 Uhr, schrieb Ariel Talavera <talav...@cim.sld.cu>:

> Hi Jason,
>
> After some struggle, I finally compiled the last open source version,
> Pymol 1.4.1. Unfortunately, the same problem persist. I still not able
> to properly colored residues shown as sticks.
>
>> From my side this is a huge problem for making figures.
>
> Best regards,
> Ariel
>

> On Wed, 2011-06-01 at 12:35 -0500, Jason Vertrees wrote:
>> Hi Ariel,
>>
>> This is a known problem on some machines with ATI or Intel video
>> cards.  You can try upgrading to a newer version of PyMOL.  Also,
>> please check that your video driver is the newest for your video card.
>>  If I find a solution on our side that fixes this, I'll update the
>> open-source.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> -- Jason
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 12:04 PM, Ariel Talavera <talav...@cim.sld.cu>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi Pymolers,
>> >
>> > I am having problems coloring residues when they are shown as stick.
>> The
>> > coloring is properly working for the other representations like,
>> lines,
>> > surface or spheres. I am using Pymol 1.2r2 under Ubuntu 11,04.
>> >
>> > Thanks in advanced,
>> > best regrads,
>> > Ariel

>> > Centro de Inmunologia Molecular
>> >  phone:  +537 2717933
>> >  e-mail: c...@cim.sld.cu
>> >  web:    www.cim.co.cu

>> > Disclaimer added by CodeTwo Exchange Rules 2007
>> > http://www.codetwo.com

>> > http://p.sf.net/sfu/quest-sfdev2dev
>> > Archives:
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/pymol-users@lists.sourceforge.net

> Centro de Inmunologia Molecular
>  phone:  +537 2717933
>  e-mail: c...@cim.sld.cu
>  web:    www.cim.co.cu
>

> Disclaimer added by CodeTwo Exchange Rules 2007
> http://www.codetwo.com

Andreas Spitzmüller, M.Sc (Bioinformatics)
Group Prof. Gerhard Klebe
Institute of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
Philipps-Universität Marburg
Marbacher Weg 6