I just ran dssp plugin for an NMR structure (randomly chosen, 2LE0). In my case, secondary structures are calculated for all the 10 states of 2LE0. The plugin can also update color and secondary structures for all the 10 states of the NMR structure. I did not have to choose one state and run, and the next state.
I tested the plugin under both Ubuntu and Windows 7.
Maybe I misunderstood your question?
regards,
hongbo