Dear PyMOL Users
I'm trying to remove water molecules from a crystal structure which are
on the crystal surface while preserving the ones within the crystal
interior.

What I do is:

select waters, resn HOH
# cmd.select("waters", "(waters extend 1)", enable=1)
get_area waters, load_b=1
remove waters and b>20

This only works partially because of some waters, only the oxygen atom
is removed, while of others only one of the hydrogens is removed (some
waters are completely removed which is good). It does not make a
difference if I include the commented command above.
Also, what does "load_b=1" mean?

Further feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Martin