Hi Yeping Sun,

A linear polymer is likely to apparent when you look at a large number of
symmetry mates. Looking at lots of symmetry mates in cartoon view is quite
intensive and can be slow unless you have a powerful graphics card - if you
show the first molecule as 'ribbon' and then generated symmetry mates it can
lead to a better viewing experience.

If you tell me the pdb code I can have a look.

Kind regards,
Amar